Veritas Christian Study Abroad in Scotland: Glasgow & Stirling
Students will choose from programs in either Glasgow or Stirling to study abroad in Scotland and join local ministries and churches.
Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and known throughout the world for its stunning architecture, friendly locals, and rich history. It is packed with parks, diverse shopping centers, and free museums leaving visitors with plenty to experience. The city has an average of 130 music events a week ranging from pop to rock to traditional Celtic.
Stirling is one of Scotland's most historic cities, which many major battles for Scottish independence took place in and around. Lush and green, Stirling is often called "The Gateway to the Highlands", sitting atop rolling hills and situated near a beautiful loch inhabited with local wildlife. The city is extremely student-oriented, pedestrian friendly, and offers all of the amenities of a large cosmopolitan city. It is also only about 45 minutes by train from Glasgow or Edinburgh giving students easy access to both cities for a day of exploration.
University of Glasgow & University of Stirling
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Minimum Year Classification: Sophomore (Students may apply during second sememester of Freshmen year)
Language requirement: NONE (open to all levels)
- Courses in English
- Courses with Locals
- Excursions included
- Accommodation in student dorms
- Mission work
Semester Programs (Spring, Fall & Academic Year)
Students are required to maintain full-time student status during their programs, including:
- Up to 60 SCQF credits at host university to maintain full-time student status
- Cross-Cultural Leadership required when enrollment is met
- (45 contact hours/3 semester credits; taught by Veritas professor)
- International Missions/Service-Learning Practicum required
- (1-3 semester credits; facilitated by Veritas Mission Mentor)
Students will enroll in the following at University of Stirling (Uni of Glasgow not available):
- Two courses at University of Stirling required
- International Missions Practicum required
- (1 semester credit; facilitated by Veritas Mission Mentor)
Credits earned may vary according to the policies of the student's home institution. For visa regulations, and according to Veritas Christian Study Abroad policy, students must maintain full-time enrollment status for the duration of the program as determined by their home institution.
Students may be required to obtain a student visa and should inquire with the corresponding consulate.