visa & embassy info

Academic programs 91 days or more require a student visa.

Academic programs 90 days or less do NOT require a student visa. Without a student visa, you will be in Spain as a tourist. Tourist status allows you to be in Spain and the other Schengen States for 90 days. According to the Spanish Government, you will be in violation and may be subject to fines, arrest and/or expulsion if you surpass this allotted time.

In order to obtain a Spain National Visa, you are required to apply for one in person and most consulates require that you schedule an appointment in advance. Please note applying for a student visa in person can require travel out of state. It is necessary to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Failure to do so could result in you having to cancel or switch programs. Please contact ISA if you have Spain National Visa questions and/or concerns.

**Please note that if you are not a U.S. citizen, you should contact your Consulate to verify specific entry requirements. As these requirements vary based on citizenship, non-U.S. citizens may not be permitted to travel to Spain without a visa or outside of their visa dates. Also, visa fees for non-U.S. citizens may differ so please be sure to check your specific consulate's website for the most up to date information.

**If you are under 18 years of age when applying for your visa, additional paperwork may be required. Please contact the consulate immediately for more information.

Note: Embassy and consulate contact information is subject to change without notice. Please refer to the website of the embassy or consulate to verify information.