About the Program
The amount of Christian history found in Rome, Italy is unique in Europe. The Roman Empire with its political influence and technological advancements became the gateway for Christianity’s spread into Europe. The impact of the Apostle Paul’s passion as a missionary and his writing of the New Testament book of Romans
continues to this day.
You can’t take two steps in Rome without running into a historical statue, building, ruin, or landmark creating a unique environment for studying topics related to Christian life and history. Whether you are interested in art, shopping, eating, architecture, theatre or meeting new people, Rome is a great city to live your mission, to learn about your faith and grow as you serve a community.
Language Requirement: NONE (open to all levels)
Minimum GPA: 2.75
- Students must have at least sophomore (second-year) status at their home university.
- Students may choose from a wide variety of courses.
- Veritas Semester Students will take a minimum of 4 courses: one Veritas course, one language course, and other courses from the American University of Rome and the Veritas Mission Practicum.
- Veritas Summer students will take 2 courses at the American University of Rome and the Veritas Mission Practicum. Summer students have the option to take the Veritas Church History course in Rome as one of their summer courses.
- Classmates are international students, the majority of whom are North American.
Language Level Placement
Students enrolled in language courses will take a placement exam upon arrival to determine language proficiency level. Exam results may determine eligibility for course enrollment. Students who arrive having completed the following number of semesters/quarters of college-level Italian, or the equivalent, typically place into the corresponding language level:
Credits earned may vary according to the policies of the student's home institution. For visa regulations, and according to Veritas Christian Study Abroad policy, students must maintain full-time enrollment status for the duration of the program, as determined by their home institution. Students may be required to obtain a student visa and should inquire with the corresponding consulate.